CAT BA BR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FUND
Founded in 2010, the Development Fund Reserve World Biosphere Cat Ba Island was formed not for profit based on the mobilization of voluntary funding support from organizations and individuals domestically and internationally for the conservation and sustainable development of Cat Ba biosphere Reserve. This is an initiative of initiatives of Cat Ba Island BR, responded to calls from the Declaration of Madrid of the Congress of global reserves world biosphere 3rd in Madrid (Spain) February 2008. In particular, the Biosphere Reserve as a bridge, establishing effective long-term cooperation between the government and enterprises in the field of sustainable development, adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
The specific activities of the Fund in accordance with its charter:
- Support the implementation of conservation and sustainable development of the Biosphere Reserve Cat Ba Islands in accordance with law and the charter of the Fund;
- Provide investment loan;
- Support with refund of the principal capital;
- Trust funding and entrusted loans, grants;
- Receiving, management and use of funding and aid from organizations and individuals at home and abroad to cater for the conservation and sustainable development Cat Ba World Biosphere Reserve.
- Other activities in accordance with law and the Charter.
- Funds under review, consolidate, and transfer activities under the social enterprise model under Decree 96/2015 / ND-CP dated 19/10/2015 (Article 7. Transfer of the social protection units, social funds and charitable funds into social enterprises).
ON STRUCTURE, FUNCTION, TASKS AND OPERATIONS OF THE FUND THE PERIOD 2010-2016
Cat Ba BR Sustainable Development Fund was formed not for profit based on the mobilization of voluntary funding support from organizations and individuals in the country and abroad phucju for conservation and sustainable development Cat Ba biosphere Reserve firmly. The Fund was initiated by Dr. Nguyen Van Thanh, former Secretary of the Committee of Hai Phong, Director of the Biosphere Reserve first Cat Ba (Assoc.Prof Thanh is now a member of the Party Central Committee, Lieutenant General, Vice Minister of Public Security), and Prof. Dr. Nguyen Hoang Tri, General Secretary of the Committee man and the Biosphere (MAB) Vietnam Nam, and the support of the leadership and relevant staff of Hai Phong city, the Cat Ba Biosphere Reserve management.
The Fund was established licensing and accreditation Charter Fund in Decision 537/QD-UND dated 07/4/2010 of the People’s Committee of Hai Phong city.
Donors Founders Fund
- Vietnam Steel Corporation Japan;
- JSC Shipbuilding Industry Shinec;
- Le National;
- Steel Ltd VPS-POSCO;
- Khanh Vinh Salt Company Limited;
- Corporation Bach Dang Construction, Ministry of Construction;
- Company Urban Lighting;
- Investment Joint Stock Company Red Star.
The Fund is used to fund initiatives prizes, rewarding groups and individuals that have made outstanding achievements contributing to the conservation and sustainable development of Cat Ba Biosphere Reserve Islands irregular or yearly. Fund may finance part for programs, projects and topics of performance gives practical scientific value, efficiency etc.
The Fund is administered by the Fund Management Board and Foundation Board of Directors.
Fund raising results and use of funds for the period 2010-2016:
Account balance (June 30, 2016): 475,014,535 VND, including contributions and support from organizations and individuals inside and outside water (Source: Report of the Management Board of the Fund).
Earlier, the Trust Fund has made deployment of 02 sponsoring organizations and individuals for projects funded by agencies in Cat Ba Biosphere Reserve Islands, as follows:
- The UNESCO Office in Hanoi: Sponsor 05 student groups BRESS UNESCO award 2011 in Cat Ba biosphere Reserve, worth USD 5,000 (103, 849,226 VND) – was transferred entirely to the Department of Education and Training Cat Hai district (receipt dated 24 / 8/2011).
- The research team of Professor Ockie Bosch and TS. Nam Nguyen funding to complete research for sustainable development Biosphere Reserve Cat Ba, worth $ 4,000 – was done by cost plane tickets for 02 experts of the research team from Australia to Cat Ba perform research research in 2012.
The funds need to further strengthen activities to promote and mobilize funds from domestic and foreign organizations; complete the operation regulation and the implementation of specific activities contribute to conservation and sustainable development Biosphere Reserve